I feel like my blogs are all over the place and you really have to stick with me and find out what each blog is going to be about. It’s like..SURPRISE food. SURPRISE life’s problems. SURPRISE working out.
(I was a twilight fanatic in my glory days….and still. #teamedwardforever)
So, just a little update on my 21 day fix journey. I am within my last 21 days!! As of Saturday I am down about 3 pounds – but I’m starting to see a little bit of muscle growing which was my goal. I’ve done a pretty good job staying on my meal planning…except for those cupcakes (if you’re not sure what I’m talking about, here is the link: True Life :: I”m a Food Network Addict)
But in the case that you’re on a journey to better health like myself and need a little spice in your meals, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite 21 day fix dinners :
21 Day Fix Chicken Taquitos
Simple Ingredients, Simple Recipe (That’s what makes it a go-to staple!!)
- 1.25 cups shredded chicken
- 3/4 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1 C Mexican or Cheddar shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa (or more depending on your taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 8 corn tortillas
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400 Degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (this will make for an easy cleanup/no sticking!)
- In a pan over medium heat, combine the chicken, greek yogurt, salsa, mexican cheese, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder. Cook for 2-3 min. (This is where you may want to taste and decide if you want to add more spice or more salsa)
- Add salt to the mixture to taste and then set it aside – off heat.
- Take your corn tortillas and heat them up (about 4 at a time) between damp paper towels for 30-40 seconds. This will make them easier to roll up in just a moment.
- Fill each tortilla with approx 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture and then roll it up and place it in the baking sheet on the parchment paper. Do this until you are out of mixture – should use all 8 tortillas.
- After they are all on the baking sheet, spray the tops with pam OR brush the tops with oil. (pam is easier!!)
- Bake the taquitos for 15 minutes on each side (flip over after 15 to get each side golden brown)
If you are following the 21 day fix 2 taquitos = 1 Red, 1 yellow, and 1 Blue. If you want to eat it with toppings (lettuce, greek yo, salsa, tomatoes, guac, etc. add that into the container count). I’m a shredded lettuce and salsa kind of girl 🙂
I have made those taquitos for my boyfriend (who is not a health nut but lets me fix him 21 day fix approved meals) and he eats it like its normal mexican food!!
For more recipes – head over to my newly updated pinterest page where you can find a board all filled with healthy eats…right beside my board full of all things dessert!!